Yogurt Raspberry Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolks (Size A)
90gm plain yogurt
80gm superfine flour
20ml corn oil
4egg whites (Size A)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Combine egg yolk, flour, yogurt and corn oil till well blended.
- Whisk egg whites in a mixer at medium speed till frothy.
- Gradually add in sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk at high speed till a stiff peak is formed.
- Whisk in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk batter till well combined.
- Fold in another 1/3 of the egg white mixture followed by the balanced. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fold into the raspberry (coat the raspberry with some flour to prevent them from sinking).
- Pour the batter into a chiffon cake tin (18cm) and bake in oven for 25 -30 minutes or till top is golden brown,
- Take out the cake and invert it while cooling for 30 mins.
After baking the raspberry chiffon cake, baked a coffee chiffon cake. See how high it rose. Took this picture just before inverting it. Gave this cake to mommy dearest. This is one of her favourite cakes.