This is one of my children's favourite cake (especially with lots of chocolate chips)
Double Chocolate Chip Chiffon Cake (18cm chiffon cake tin)
- 4 nos. egg yolk (size : grade A)
- 40ml corn oil
- 100gm superfine flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- 50gm chocolate chips
- 70ml warm water /milk (I used milk)
- 5 nos egg white (size : grade A)
- 45gm sugar (add more if you prefer)
- 0.5 tsp lemon juice)
- Preheat oven at 170 C.
- Combine egg yolks, oil, flour, cocoa, cinnamon powder and water/milk. Mix till well blended and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites till frothy.
- Gradually add in sugar and lemon juice. Continue whisking till stiff peak is formed.
- Mix 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk batter with a whisk.
- Fold in the remaining egg yolk batter.
- Gradually add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a chiffon cake tin and bang the tin a couple of times to release the trappedbubbles.
- Bake in the oven at 170C for 30- 35 mins or till cooked.
- Remove cake from oven and invert it immediately to cool for 30 mins before slicing.