I bake bread/bun/rolls for my family every weekday. Recently, I made some cream cheese butter rolls for breakfast. It was an instant hit! The bread was very soft (even after a day) and flavourful.
Cream Cheese Butter Rolls
500gm Bread flour (High Protein Flour)
100gm Cake flour (Low Protein Flour)
10gm instant yeast
30gm Horlicks (Malt)
250ml fresh milk
150ml whipping cream
For Cream Cheese filling :
80gm salted butter (room temperature)
40gm cream cheese (room temperature)
- Mix all dough ingredients in a mixer.
- Knead till gluten is fully developed and dough is elastic and smooth.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth / clear film.
- Let it prove for about 60 minutes, or till the dough doubles its size.
- Punch out the air and roll the dough into 2 balls.
- Let them rest for about 15mins.
- Take one of the balls and roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 15cm x 30cm rectangular shape.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture onto the dough, leaving 1" at the edges.
- Fold the dough into half and seal the edges tightly by pressing on them.
- Chill the dough (in the fridge) for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough again to the shape of 15cm x 30cm and spread some of the cream cheese mixture onto the dough, leaving 1" at the edges.
- Fold the dough into half and roll out to 10cm x 20cm
- Cut the dough into 1cm x 10cm stripes and twirl the it into a roll.
- Repeat (7-13) with the other portion of the dough.
- Place them into a greased baking sheet.
- Let them proof for 45 - 60 mins (till it doubles in size)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Egg wash the dough before putting them into the oven.
- Bake @ 180C for 15 - 20mins (till top is golden brown)