Monday, January 25, 2010

Mini Dinner Rolls


I had wanted to post this 2 weeks ago. However, I had totally forgotten about it until I stumbled onto the picture of those lovely rolls while I was browsing through my picture album just now.

These are one of the best dinner rolls that I have ever tasted and MADE!!!! I made them during the last "New Year's Eve" party. They were so yummy that my nephews and niece (including my kids too) kept asking for more. I had baked them twice this month and shared them with all those kids.

I cannot remember where I found this recipe (so sorry for not being able to give credit to the recipe owner). Anyway... I must say that it is a very easy and flavorful recipe. Definitely a keeper.

Mini Dinner Rolls

Ingredients :
4 1/2 cup ( 600gm) high protein flour (bread flour) ... you can add up to another 100gm more if necessary
100 gm butter
1 cup milk
80 gm sugar
3 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp dry active yeast
1/2 cup warm water

Method
  • Dissolve the yeast into 1/2 cup of warm water. Set aside to allow the yeast to activate.
  • haet butter and milk until butter is melted. Allow to cool.
  • Combine sugar, salt, eggs and yeast with the milk mixture.
  • In a stand mixer, combine flour and the milk mixture.
  • Mix until a smooth dough is formed (the mixture should begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl). If the mixture is too sticky, slowly add up to 100 gm of flour while the mixer is still kneading. The dough should be slightly sticky, but workable. (**** Note : A soft dough makes a light roll!!!*****)
  • Cover the mixer bowl with cling wrap and allow it to rise until double (approximately 1 hour)
  • Punch the dough down and divide into 2 equal portions. Shape them into balls
  • Roll out the first ball onto a floured surface into a 16 " disc.
  • Spread some soft butter all over the dough disk with the back of a spoon.
  • Cut the disc into 16 early portions (like a pizza)
  • Each piece of dough resembles a long triangle now. Roll the dough put from the base to the tip.
  • Place each rolls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure the end /tip of the roll is tucked under the bottom of the roll (otherwise it will pop up and burn).
  • Do the same to the second ball of dough.
  • This will yield 32 rolls.
  • Proof them for about an hour.
  • Bake in a preheated oven of 400F or 200C for 10 minute.
  • Brush the top of the hot rolls with butter.
  • Serve

  • Stir




No comments:

Post a Comment