Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R!!!!!!

How time flies!!!!
It's already the 3rd day into the new year. I had wanted to write this post on New Year's Day.....but.... I have been so pre-occupied with my other commitments that I have totally forgotten about updating my blog. The last 2 weeks has been hectic with all the festivities. To top that, school will be starting tomorrow. So... had to tend to my two younger ones schooling needs to get them ready for school.

Enough of the whining and excuses.... Let's me tell you how I spent my New Year's Eve.

My family had a New Year's Eve get-to-gather in my place this year. Normally, we would all gather in my parents' place for a steamboat party. However, the kids suggested that we should have a barbecue party. Since I have a garden over at my place, it was unanimous that it will be held in my house. The kids (my children, my niece and nephews) said the they will do the "barbecueing". So the deal was " adults prepare food, children cook them while adults can kick back and relax during the party". Sounds like a great deal, right???? Now... this is the real situation.... kids did chip in to start the fire and were seen at the bbq pit during the first 30 minutes or so. After that they slowly but surely left the pit with their food and never return to the pit. So... the adults are forced to tend to the pit and continue the bbqing. Once again... we adults are conned by the children ;(.

Anyway, the party was a great success. I had my mum-in-law joining us this year. My mum and my mum-in-law are buddies, so they had a great time. My father did not join us on that night as he was not feeling well. We cooked some food and brought it to him instead (my parents' house is within my neighborhood). My sisters and brothers came with their family. We also had the honor of my sister-in-law's (my next door neighbor) sister and her hubby from Australia joining us.

We had bbq and steamboat. My sis-in-law and I prepared the food for the bbq while my sister prepared the food for the steamboat. I also baked some dinner rolls and made coconut agar agar.
So. there were plenty of food to eat.

Apart from eating, we had a great time chatting with each other. Quality time spent with family....priceless!!! The children stayed back and had a slumber party. Bet they had a good time too! They stayed up till 4am!!!! It's crazy, but this is once in a blue moon... so we adults just have to "close one eye" ;P

I did not managed to snap any photos as I totally forgot about it. Too bad. I think my sis-in-law did managed to get some shots. Will try to post some photos, if I managed to get it from her.

Now that all these festivities are over and schools back tomorrow, life will be normalize soon.

Here's wishing everyone " A great year ahead" may the year 2010 be kind to all of us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment