It is Dear Hubby's birthday today. Instead of baking a normal cake, I have decided to bake cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips to be exact. The children's favourite. Normally, when I bake cakes or cupcakes I do not put frosting as we are not a fan of creamy sugary stuff. Moreover, I find it very messy and I am not good at cake decoration. However, since today is DH's big day, I decided to make an exception. Whipped up some frosting and played with it together with my daughter. We had fun despite the mess we made. Just look how ugly they are!!!
Nevertheless, the cupcake taste good. Soft, light and chocolatey, It is very easy to whip up too!!
Double chocolate cupcake
170gm self raising flour
70gm cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150gm chocolate chip
240ml buttermilk (If you do not have buttermilk, use 8ml lemon juice + milk = 240ml
120gm melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Sift (A) into a bowl.
- Stir in (B)
- Whisk (C) and pour everything into the dry mixture.
- Use a balloon whisk to mix everything till well blended.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into muffin/cupcake cups (2/3 full).
- If preferred, top with more chocolate chips and/or nuts (of your choice).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C