I did not bake yesterday as I normally do not serve breakfast on weekends. We would eat out on weekends as yours truly here is just too lazy to prepare breakfast in the morning.
Woke up this morning to a cool and winding day (just about to rain). Suddenly had this urge to make pancakes. I remember reading from Penny's blog about her thick, light and fluffy pancakes. Decided to give it a try and made the savoury instead of sweet.
This is how I do it.
1 tsp sugar
0.5 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 ground black pepper
- Whisk up the eggs, sugar and salt till light and fluffy.
- Mix in baking powder but do not over mix.
- Add in milk and oil and mix well.
- Add in flour, parsley, black pepper till well blended.
- Leave the batter to REST for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour batter into a lightly oiled non-stick pan on low fire.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the batter, flip it over.
- Brown the other side and dish it out to a plate.
- Lightly brown the luncheon meat and assemble the pancakes into a burger with cheese and luncheon meat.