Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

 

My daughter’s speech & drama class will be having a party tomorrow. It’s a potluck and everyone is to bring something. Since I will be busy tomorrow, ferrying my 2nd son for this exams, I reckon I would not have much time to prepare something elaborate for her.

It strike me that its about time to get my daughter involved in the culinary skills. When she was younger, she used to  watch me do my baking. However, as time goes by, she prefers to spent her time in front of the computer.

To revive her interest in baking, I got her to bake some cookies for her class tomorrow. Of course, this is done under the watchful eyes of her mother……

Despite her lack of confidence (especially in breaking an egg), she did well.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Chocolate chuck Cookies turned out well.

We (or rather she) made a total of 52 cookies. Since they are for kids, I suggested having them in bite size and lined on small cupcake liners.

Chuncky choc cookie on plate 

These are like chocolate chip cookies. Only difference is, we cut chocolate into chunks instead of using chocolate chips.

The cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy inside…..yummmm!!!!!

Chuncky choc cookie with cuppa

Simple yet heavenly. Perfect recipe for beginners….

 

Chuncky choc cookies with jasmine

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients :

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch (also known as cornflour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
200g bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks

 

Method :

  • Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
  • Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
  • Mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
  • Stir in chocolate chunks.
  • Drop cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet (or like us,, onto paper cupcake liners.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

*What makes the cookies chewy is the cornstarch.

If you prefer the crispy, omit the cornstarch and replace the baking soda with baking powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment