The minute I read through the recipe and saw the number of positive reviews on it I was SOLD. I have got to turn those pathetic bananas into the scrumptious and aromatic muffins.
These muffins smell so heavenly when freshly out from the oven. The crumbs give a crunchy twist to this soft and light muffin.
I did reduce the sugar in my muffin as we prefer them to be less sweet.
Banana Crumb Muffin (adapted from Allrecipe.com)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed (I used 4 )
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I reduced to ½ cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.