There were 3 over-riped bananas in the kitchen this morning.
Thought it might be a good idea to turn them into cupcakes. It’s been awhile since I last baked cupcakes. In fact, I have not been baking much lately. Life as been so hectic for me lately, that I hardly have time to bake or blog :(
Anyway, I found these easy and great cupcake recipes, and decided to try out the one with banana. I threw in some chocolate chips and turned them into Banana Choc Chip Cookies…. yum
The recipe is a keeper… easy yet yielding such wonderfully soft, fine textured and delicious cupcakes.
1/2 pound (225gm) unsalted butter,at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used 3 large banana)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract & 2 handfuls of chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line cupcake pans with liners.
2. With an electric mixer on medium speed cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs to creamed mixture, and beat well. Add the bananas creamed mixture and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add all the dry ingredients to creamed mixture at once. Mix until the dry ingredients are completely integrated.
5. Add the milk, chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix batter for 1 minute on medium speed.
6. Fill cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
Banana cupcakes - before baking