Noticed that I have not post any bread/bun recipe for awhile. Since I made some pumpkin buns this week, I will share the recipe with you today.
Pumpkin Buns with Red Bean Paste
- 350gm High Protein Flour (I used Unbleached)
- 1 tbsp Horlicks
- 50gm sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 gm instant yeast
- pinch of salt
- 120gm pumpkin (steamed and mashed/pureed)
- 130ml milk
- 30gm butter
- Mix all ingredients together (except the butter) in a mixer till a smooth dough is formed.
- Add in butter and knead till dough is elastic.
- Prove dough for 1 - 2 hours or till it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 8 portions.
- Shape into balls and rest the dough for 15 minutes
- Flatten the dough and place some red bean paste in the center.
- Shape it into a ball and snip the sides with a scissors to form a flower shape.
- Prove for an hour or until the dough double in size.
- Egg wash the buns and bake at 190C for 15 - 20 minutes